Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another Week Gone

Wow, time is really zooming by. I can't believe it's April already.

This have been trucking along. I really though all I was doing this week was work, work, work but we also have visitors from Italy and some crafting happening.

It's good to hear all sorts of stories and tried out a new restaurant. A Greek place - Broken dishes. The food and service were excellent and we even got to actually break dishes.
I also went to a 'Charm Pack Party' at one of the local quilt shops. There was quite a large turnout and it was good to see quilts made from the various charm packs and checkout the patterns available out there. There was one book called 'Charmed and dangerous'. Isn't that title great! It was interesting to learn, 20% of Moda's total sales are now due to charm packs and jelly rolls.

Even though I didn't think I was doing much, looking back, I actually accomplished some crafty stuff this week. This is the shawl I've been working on. The knitting is done and all I need to do is fasten off the loose ends and block it. The pattern came from this site. It was very simple and worked up very quickly. There are definite benefits to thick yarn and large needles.


More progress on the stitching front. It's starting to look like the picture on the pattern. Sorry Ennavic - No penguins or nuns in this here picture.


I found a new Dear Jane site. Everyone is working along on their Jane blocks following the direction of the ringleader Anina. Check it out here. This is my Jane bingo card. As you can see, I've got a ways to go. On the site they've doing 2 blocks a week and have been at it for 5 weeks. I've got a bit of catch-up to do. I now have B1, B3, D3, A7, and C9 to finish off.


Though, as you can see, I did finish a few blocks off this week. They both were done with paper-pieced centres and pieced outer edges.

No comments: