Sunday, September 28, 2008

All Jane All the Time

That's what things have been feeling like this past little while. I guess that's why I started a few more projects. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :)

In keeping with tradition, a few more Dear Jane blocks.


I finished the top for the "muddy" quilt. This quilt is 14"x14". (Since it was recently pointed out that scale does not translate well in pictures. :)


The second nearly insane block.


My guild has decided to do a Block of the Month this year. Each person is picking a 12" (finished) block for us to do. At the end of the year, we'll have the unveiling of our very different quilts made from the same blocks. This is our first block. As I was making it, I kept thinking "Well, I double checked measurements as I cut" The block was soooo big. I measured it when I was done just to confirm it was 12" and not 18". I think this is a sign I've spent too long doing miniatures. :)


Wow. I've been much more prolific this week than I thought. (I've also been working on my SSCS gift too. I'd post a teaser but can't figure out a picture that doesn't give too much away. I will say that I'm liking how it is turning out so far. I'm a little tempted to keep it for myself. I may just have to make one for myself. :)

2 comments:

Janet said...

Nice Virginia Reel - I think I'm going to find that to be a BIG block too.
Love the muddy quilt!

Kristie said...

OMG! That is soooooo tiny! How on earth did you manage to do that? It is lovely! I really like your DJ blocks! I am also working on the DJ, two Civil War Quilts, and now you have talked me in to doing the Nearly Insane!!! I finished both of my blocks so I am caught up!!! :)
Kristie